Imagine you Power ON your computer and suddenly all the desktop disappeared, so in that case there are some quick and easy methods to make all your reappear on the desktop sceen.
How to Fix Desktop Icon Not Showing in Windows PC
Today, in this article, I am going to give you an easy guide to Fix Desktop Icon Not Showing in Windows 10. So if you’re facing the same issue, then go through this entire post of Top 5 Ways to Fix Desktop Icon Not Showing in Windows PC to bring back all the desktop icons.
1. Enable Show Desktop Icon
Sometimes Show Desktop Icon Option gets disable by mistake and all the icons get disappeared. So in order bring back all the icons:
- Right click on the Desktop Screen
- Click on View
- Click on Show Desktop Icon, option located on the bottom
- After clicking on Show Desktop Icon, all the icons will start disappearing.
2. Disable Tablet Mode
In case you enable Tablet Mode then all the desktop get disappeared. However, there pretty low chances of being this issue but still, if this the reason, then you can do following steps to Disable Tablet Mode and bring back all the desktop icon:
- Search for Tablet Mode Setting from windows search bar
- Now disable Tablet Mode by clicking on Radio button
As soon as you disable tablet mode, your computer will come to the Desktop Mode along with all the desktop icons.
3. Restore File Explorer Option to Default
This method rarely fix this desktop icon issue but still you can try:
- Search for Control Panel from Windows Search Bar
- Select Large Icons from drop down located on top right corner
- Then click on File Explorer Options
- Click on View Tab on top
- Now you’ll see an option Restore Default, just click on it
And then all your desktop icons will start appearing on desktop screen
4. Enable Icons from Desktop Icon settings
If This PC, Recycle Bin, Control Panel and these type of icons are not showing on desktop screen then you can enable these icons from desktop icon settings.
- Open settings by clicking on Window Start button
- Then click on Themes
- Then click on Desktop Icon Settings under Related Settings
- Now you’ll see checkboxes for all the icons like This PC, Recycle Bin, etc.
- So check whichever icon you want on desktop screen
- Then click on Apply and OK
After clicking on OK, all the icons will start appearing on desktop screen.
5. Create Shortcut of Applications of Desktop Screen
If you’ve deleted a shortcut link (Basically a Desktop Icon) of a particular software by mistake then you can easily create shortcut link of that to bring it on desktop screen. To do that:
- Search for Application whose icon you want to create on desktop screen from Window Search Bar
- Then right-click on it and select Open File Location Option
- Now click on Application and Restore Down window
- Then Press and Hold Alt button on keyboard and DRAG and DROP Application File onto the Desktop Screen.
Note: Don’t Release Alt button until you drop the icon desktop screen, otherwise it will crash your application on launching.
After dropping onto the desktop screen, the icon of that software will be created on the desktop screen.
So these are the Top 5 Ways to Fix Desktop Icon Not Showing in Windows computer. If your issue doesn’t get fixed with these methods, then feel free to comment your thoughts and we’ll make sure that your icon issue gets fix quickly.